Monday 2 April 2012

How do you step from the top of a 100 foot pole? #smed12

I’m afraid of heights and the thought of having to step from a 100 foot pole sends shivers down my spine. It makes my heart beat fast just thinking about it. I’ve climbed Table Mountain but every time when I reach the top, it makes my head spin just thinking that I am that far from the ground. Looking over Cape Town is so breathtaking.


It’s as if you loose all control when you step onto a 100 foot pole. It’s bizarre to even imagine that you would be in such a predicament in the first place. Some may see that as adventure but the odds will surely be against you in such a ridiculous situation. You can’t predict exactly what will happen you can only rely on faith. 
  
It reminds me of when I was a toddler, my parents or family members would let me jump form the couch or table and catch me. That was a scary game but the only thing that kept me calm was the faith that I had in my parents. The faith that I had that they would catch me every time I jump.



Unfortunately when you step from 100 foot pole you need to believe that you will land safely on the ground so you must have FAITH.


No comments:

Post a Comment