Saturday 5 May 2012

Wedding Cake in- the- Middle- of- the Road #smed12


Why would you leave your wedding cake in the middle of the road? That is one of the most important elements of the wedding reception. Therefore the person that makes the cake spends hours baking and decorating it to have it perfect for the couple. A three layer cake with loads of icing sugar…. It would be sad to have such a cake left in the middle of the road, unless the cake was a disaster of course!

In a few months I have to decide what type of wedding cake I want. I’ve been thinking about it and no, don’t even suggest the traditional fruitcake. I don’t eat fruitcake and I’ll surely be celebrating my one year anniversary and the cake will still be there. I like the chocolate cake, mousse cake, Ferrero Roche or the cupcake idea. Then the guests can enjoy some of the cake too. 

A wedding cake has different meanings at different weddings and in different cultures. To me the wedding cake represents the man and woman finally together as one. When they cut the wedding cake together it’s a very special moment and it is seen as unity, prosperity and good luck for their marriage. It is very special because this moment is captured and shared with all your family and friends.



Can’t wait to decide on my wedding cake…….

Picture:http://annmariekostyk.com/2010/04/26/incorporating-chocolate-into-your-wedding-celebration/chocolate-mousse-wedding-cake/

No comments:

Post a Comment