Friday 24 February 2012

Two People came out of a building and into story #smed12

 
It’s a cold winter’s day in Stellenbosch. Luckily I had the pleasure of spending it at the health and wellness spa. It was a mid year treat, pure bliss being pampered and looked after for a whole day. For one day I could forget about my busy life and studies.

As I waited outside for my lift, sitting in those lovely chairs thinking of the spectacular day I had. I met this young lady in her mid twenties named Anne-Marie. She was one of the spa staff. I started chatting to her as she looked extremely tired. She was very friendly even though she was yawning every 2 minutes. She asked if I had a good day, and I could not contain my excitement about the lovely treatments I received at the spa.

She told me about her having a bad day. I could not believe it because that seemed like the most relaxing place to work for. She explained how difficult the customers were that day with regards to their treatments, the complaints, and how they demand things in a certain way even though they never booked it accordingly. She said with a sad look on her face “it was a difficult day but I always stay polite and make sure the customer is happy”. 


That made me realise we often go around acting inappropriately and we conveniently use the saying the customer is always right. What happened to treating people with dignity and respect? Just because you paying for something does not mean you can get away with being rude! 





I’ve learned to always be kind to the next person as we all have struggles in life. Your smile could just brighten their day. Be more considerate to other’s feelings while treating them with respect and dignity.

No comments:

Post a Comment