Monday 30 July 2012

Joining the gym #smed12

I always believed that I was fit until the day I joined the gym. After the first week I discovered what a huge commitment it was joining the gym. Especially dragging yourself to gym on these cold winter nights is such a mission.

It was scary seeing all the fitness freaks working out around  me. This when I could not even manage the treadmill properly. On my first day i was on the treadmill for 6 minutes and then I was out of breath.  It didn’t help much having all the fitness freaks gymming next to you, that is extremely intimidating.

Not to mention those who don’t wear proper gym clothing or that use the equipment longer than 30minutes at a time. What happened to gym etiquette Lol

But just as I thought I could handle the whole getting fit business at the gym then I had a few sessions with a personal trainer. That was an experience I will never forget. That was working out on an extreme level. It was an hour of very intense gymming, the treadmill, cycling, aerobics even push-ups.

I never thought I would enjoy going to the gym, especially now that I have way more energy and I have a routine and I work out four times a week. It has helped relieve so much stress, I feel healthier and I have more energy than ever before.

It’s a huge commitment but it’s great to be fit and look after your health. Now I need to become more conscious of what I eat though.....

picture:  http://www.greeleyschools.org/Domain/30

No comments:

Post a Comment