Thursday 15 March 2012

We are what we do #smed12

Why are we afraid of the wrong things? The unknown is scary mostly because we don’t have any control over it. We are afraid whenever the outcome of a situation can’t be determined. I know accepting change and taking risks are difficult.

A good example is being afraid ageing or getting old. I don’t know why because that is something you have no control over. It’s inevitable. Why not live your life focusing on the present making the best of each moment that you can share with your loved ones and friends. That is more positive than worrying about your age.

It’s not easy accepting that you are getting old. The colour of your hair becomes grey and the body changes can be very overwhelming. But it’s best to live for the present and to stay healthy and maintain to age gracefully. Like they say "life only starts at fourty".


I’ve never really worried about getting old. Even though each year when I celebrate my birthday I say “my clock is ticking” or there is no more days left on the calendar. But it’s still fun being blessed to add another year to my life.

We should stop being afraid of age and rather live life and make use of all the opportunities that come our way. We should not let our fear or age keep us behind. Enjoy each day, progress and stay blessed.
Photo: http://www.oneminuteblog.com/hey-youre-getting-older/

No comments:

Post a Comment