Friday 15 June 2012

The Elephant in The room #smed12

When I think of an elephant it reminds me of our trip to Knysna. We went to visit the Knysna Elephant Park. This was a very interesting experience. The sound of the Elephants low rumbling noise and their trumpeting that was a warm welcome to the park.

I was scared though, being that close to the largest mammal on earth, with its big ears and wrinkled skin. Exciting and yet scary even though we had a tour guide with us. When they said we could move a few steps closer I refused to make physical contact with this awesome creature. They might be very intelligent animals but having them in a room with me, won’t be considered fun.

It was a fun filled experience even though I didn’t do the elephant back rides. I was scared therefore I rather enjoyed the scenery and I took beautiful pictures. I learned a lot about the animals and their history. So that is a must experience when you on holiday in the garden route.

Elephants should be in their natural habitat and definitely not in a room……..
“To know an elephant is to be touched by him - these gentle giants humble mankind. He is nature's greatest Masterpiece”. (John Donne)
Picture: http://www.plettenbergbay.co.za/experiences/animals/other/knysna-elephant-park/

No comments:

Post a Comment