Wednesday 31 October 2012

When kids start talking #smed12

I’m really enjoying every moment with my two year old nephew Kieran. At first he could just say 3 words but his vocabulary has improved tremendously. It’s such a cute stage his in even though it sounds a bit foreign at times but you’ve got to love it.
I suppose the correct pronunciation will take a while. I like teaching him new words but then he repeats it like a broken record. At first you can’t wait for them to start talking, but when they manage to get to the talking point it goes on non-stop. It reminds me of when I was young and had to learn the alphabet. It seems everyone goes through that face where they ask so many questions.
Did you know between the ages 2 – 3 a child’s vocabulary would have grown to 200 words? It’s amazing how he started saying everything that he likes first. Mommy, Grandma, Car, keys, food and TV. What a weird combination of first words….
Don’t u just love the little ones J
Picture: http://www.appdork.com/app/abcd_teacher_for_kids_(_talking_flashcards_)._487505/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment