Saturday 18 August 2012

Conventional is a good fallback position isn’t it? #smed12


Most of us have a conventional lifestyle. We plan our lives, follow instructions and abide by the rules. Yes, it’s funny when I hear the saying “rules are meant to be broken” Conventional to me is when you live on the safe side of life.  Like they say rather safe than sorry.

I behave in a specific way, and even if I don’t want to acknowledge it but I am conforming to society’s norms all the time. I have been in situations where I wanted to do my own thing, but I get so caught up being conventional.

Conventionalism gives you peace of mind mostly because it has been tried and trusted. And we like conforming to things the way we know it. With all that said it’s very difficult to let an opportunity just pass you by to do things differently. Yes, It’s scary and very unpredictable, no comfort.

So, yes i agree conventional is a good fallback position.:)

Picture: http://anythingbutstyle.com/category/feathers/

No comments:

Post a Comment