Friday 21 September 2012

Are you aware that someone has it worse than you #smed12


Yes, I do. I realised that on a daily basis while speaking to other people. Just as I thought I have many issues and that nothing seems to work out. But the minute I hear the next person’s story I realise that I have nothing to complain about.

I’ve learned to appreciate everything in life there will be ups and downs but the next person sometimes need way more than you do.

I went to Pick ‘n Pay one night just before closing time, I bought several items and some things were really unnecessary. Then the car guard was in front of me, buying a loaf of bread and a pack of frozen chicken. He paid for that food with 50c, 20c and 5c. I had tears in my eyes seeing this cashier struggling to count all the coins. He stands in the heat or cold each day as a car guard just to buy food he can take home to his family.

I immediately thought of all the times I didn’t tip the car guard. But now I know they appreciate each sent they can get, because they have to provide for their families even if they only make R20 day.
 
 

Reality!

Picture: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Appreciate-your-life-Theres-always-someone-who-has-it-worse-than-you-do/105699486131721

No comments:

Post a Comment