Friday 21 September 2012

Retail Therapy #smed12

Retail Therapy

Sometimes it’s as if this is a convenient excuse to buy new items. I have been in a situation like that several times. I have a bad day at work so I stop at the mall on my way home. I end up buying items that I don’t necessarily need but anything to make me forget about the terrible day I had.

Unfortunately the retail therapy might make you feel better for that moment, it takes your mind off things but thereafter you need to face reality and the problem or issue is still there. Studies have proved that retail therapy makes people feel better.

In the end retail therapy is just a bad habit or a sorry excuse to cheer yourself up.  There is nothing wrong with retail therapy but it could become a bad habit that we can’t afford on a daily basis.

Therefore it’s best to get something to help solve the problem completely than to shift it away till later.

Picture: http://blondemeetsworld.blogspot.com/2011/11/little-retail-therapy.html

No comments:

Post a Comment