Tuesday 25 September 2012

Language #smed12


Xhosa was one of my subjects at school, i did it as a third language. It was very interesting but not as easy as I thought it would be. The pronunciations of the words were difficult it took me a while to get used to it.

The fun part was when we had to speak the language in class, especially when you forget your words or when you are trying to figure out what your teacher is saying.  But somehow I enjoyed the oral very much.

Today I can speak the basics, never took my teacher seriously when she said it’s so easy to forget the language. Now I realise that I do understand more than I can actually speak, and I have the ability to read the language very well.

I would recommend learning an African language anyday.

Picture:  http://www.afrilang.uct.ac.za/languages.html

No comments:

Post a Comment